Thread  RSS Desperate to get this place hoppin'

# 7314 8 years ago on Mon, Dec 21 2015 at 9:29 pm

Good content and interesting topics are the key. The stuff on the main site isn't updated that often or all that noteworthy in terms of discussion but why not make this whole thing about other stuff entirely?

That's the plan, man. Don't leave me hanging here talking to myself.

Oh, yeah, old members from the previous incarnation of these forums will be rewarded with a choccy fish. choccy fish

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 7327 8 years ago on Mon, Dec 28 2015 at 7:09 am

I should provide an update here to let people know that I have put together a mobile-friendly style sheet to make these forums very easy to use on a mobile device. I would appreciate any feedback that you may have regarding usability.

Since I am intimately familiar with the code and know exactly how these forums are supposed to operate, sometimes I may lose sight of the usability aspects to anyone who does not have inside knowledge of how this system works.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 7338 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 1 2016 at 7:33 pm

On Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015 at 2:29 am, Nitrocosm said:

Don't leave me hanging here talking to myself.

Oh, yeah, old members from the previous incarnation of these forums will be rewarded with a choccy fish. choccy fish

Where's my fish?

Realistically, this isn't meant to be discouraging but web forums aren't as big as they were back last decade. The silver lining is you can show this off to your clients whether it's busy or not.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 7343 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 11:30 am

On Saturday, January 2nd, 2016 at 12:33 am, Jovian said:

Realistically, this isn't meant to be discouraging but web forums aren't as big as they were back last decade. The silver lining is you can show this off to your clients whether it's busy or not.

It's not discouraging. You're right. It was fun in the past but I've come to terms with the fact that it's not going to be like it was before.

I just feel good about having built an entire forums system from scratch three times. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Saturday, January 2nd, 2016 at 11:32 am)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:30

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago