Thread  RSS Minecraft

# 7359 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 5:23 pm

Anybody into Minecraft here? Maybe we could talk about that or Warhammer AoS if anybody's interested.

Interesting.

# 7368 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 6:33 pm

I've never played it but one of my kids is completely obsessed with it. There's Minecraft toys and everything. Even Legos are in on the action. Must be awfully addictive.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 8257 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 3 2016 at 12:53 pm

Minecraft's an amazing success story, I have to give it that.

I've played it, but just can't get into it. It very easily becomes a sort of routine grind in survival mode. One has to dig around to find more materials to make more stuff, and the better materials are harder to find, so you have to range further afield, and so-on. It just tended to get boring before I really had the resources or know-how to build crazy, fancy s*** just for the hell of it.

Then again, doing that sort of massive fancy building in creative mode is pretty much playing with a near-unlimited supply of very fancy virtual legos. I can see the appeal.

# 8472 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 3 2016 at 2:24 pm

Minecraft seems like it can become wildly addictive. I guess everyone has their "sandbox" activity - a thing they like to tinker and build within.

I could never really get into it because I have way too many other hobbies already.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 8486 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 3 2016 at 7:59 pm

Minecraft? It's my personal zen garden. Whenever I can get away from work, that is.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:20

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago