Thread  RSS Ternary-layered separator to retard the shuttle of polysulfides towards highly-stable li

# 8513 8 years ago on Mon, Jan 4 2016 at 9:22 am

How about this?!

High-energy-density batteries are essential to meet the demand for future applications in portable electronics and electrical vehicles. Owing to the theoretical energy density of 2600 Wh/kg, the lithium-sulfur battery is considered one promising candidate for next-generation, high-energy battery solutions. However, shortcomings in fast capacity degradation and low cycling efficiency haven't been solved, which hinders the practical application of lithium sulfur battery system. A researcher at Tsinghua University has proposed a ternary-layered separator system for lithium-sulfur batteries with long lifespan, high coulombic efficiency, and high sulfur utilization.

Here's the rest of the story. user link on phys.org

Oh my. catty

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from.

-- Andrew S. Tanenb

# 8514 8 years ago on Mon, Jan 4 2016 at 9:55 am

It seems like we're slowly inching our way toward better battery technology. I would eventually like to see electric cars become more feasible and affordable. Imagine if you didn't have to charge your cell phone but once a month!

I think we'll eventually get there. It's nice to see these incremental steps.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:7

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood295 months ago
Miroku5 months ago