Thread  RSS Mr. Vega's Art Thread

# 8635 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 8 2016 at 1:27 am

I've got a few things up on imgur, so I might as well make a bit of an art dump to show things off for fun. Warning, large images.

User Image

Here we have Runa, who is a character who came together pretty quickly for a game with my tabletop group, though it's a bit in coming.

User Image

Strange as it probably is for a superhero setting, she's essentially a hybrid of human and horrible alien monster created by mad science. What matters as far as art and such goes is it means her abilities lean toward body-horror shapeshifting and regeneration.

User Image

This and the previous image are both Saikano references, because it's funny.

User Image

Speaking of shapeshifting, here's an armored form.

# 8637 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 8 2016 at 1:50 am

These are all really, really good.

As for the image size, I saw that the large images were blowing out the page layout but I quickly fixed that with an easy modification to the CSS.

You're inspiring me to try drawing again soon.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 8640 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 8 2016 at 2:12 am

That's handy. Honestly, if I had a feature to scale them somehow, I'd probably use it to do the same anyway. I know some image tags have options to scale the actual images. I imagine it was just a matter of telling the CSS to resize stuff that'd otherwise stretch the layout?

I'll probably have more stuff to post up when I get home.

Meantime, here's something much less good and much more sketchy I did a while ago.

User Image

# 8641 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 8 2016 at 2:18 am

On Friday, January 8th, 2016 at 7:12 am, vega7285 said:

I imagine it was just a matter of telling the CSS to resize stuff that'd otherwise stretch the layout?

Yep; it's just these four lines of code:

.thread img{
  max-width: 600px;
  max-height: 600px;
}

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 8644 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 8 2016 at 1:17 pm

Damn, Vega, these are nice. I like the coloring. The line work is far better than anything I could do. Looks like you spent a lot of time getting the hands just right.

Good job, dude.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:16

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago