Thread  RSS New Features Announcement

# 9504 18 years ago on Tue, May 9 2006 at 4:38 pm

I've added a few new features to the forums:

1) The ability to quote

2) RSS feeds for topics

To quote another person's post in your reply, use the scrolling box below the text and emoticon boxes in the posting screen (when you click on reply) to find the post you want to quote from the thread. Click the "quote" button and the quoted text will be added to your reply in the text box.

Subscribing to an RSS feed depends on what software you use to read them. In Firefox, an RSS icon will appear in either the address bar or at the bottom of the browser. You can also click the RSS icon that appears next to the topic title when viewing posts.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 9505 18 years ago on Tue, May 9 2006 at 4:40 pm

Post by Nitrocosm on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 5:38 pm:

To quote another person's post in your reply, use the scrolling box below the text and emoticon boxes in the posting screen (when you click on reply) to find the post you want to quote from the thread. Click the "quote" button and the quoted text will be added to your reply in the text box.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 9506 18 years ago on Tue, May 9 2006 at 9:51 pm

I've finished coding the post preview function. You can now preview your posts by checking the box that says:

To preview before posting - check here before submitting

EDIT: I also made a tweak so that slashes are removed from the preview text before displaying in the editor. It's a minor technical thing or something.

Cheers

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 9507 18 years ago on Wed, May 10 2006 at 1:15 pm

SWEET. I like the RSS thing.

Now I can use my news reader to check up on the 2214 thread. yay

As for quoting, I hope people don't end up over-using it?

# 9508 18 years ago on Wed, May 10 2006 at 4:56 pm

I finished implementing pagination today. Now it shows five posts per page instead of all of them.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:29

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago