Thread  RSS Re-illustration progress

# 9775 15 years ago on Sat, Apr 11 2009 at 2:57 pm

New article in News (Regular musings and updates): Re-illustration progress

The page 21 re-illustration is posted now. Work on page 140 is beginning - it will have more panels than usual, but some of the panels will use recycled artwork.

The re-illustration process is a bit slower than drawing current pages because the older pages didn't have a consistent height. The varying page height meant a much larger number of panels. Part of re-illustrating the pages is to make the scenes look the way I originally imagined, which means that some of them have to be extremely detailed. The first panel of page 21 (re-illustrated version) took two days to finish... although it could have been finished more quickly.

So... just in case you're new around here, you will notice at some point in the comic (right now, after page 21) the artwork quality becomes very poor. This is because the original artwork is very old and I am re-drawing all of those old pages up until chapter 3. Chapter 3 is all in grayscale but I intend to keep those pages as they are because of the unique effect the grays...

Read the rest of the article here: user link on www.nitrocosm.com

We are continually faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems.

-- John W. Gardner

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:29

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago