Thread  RSS Wind Power

# 9962 17 years ago on Mon, Mar 12 2007 at 5:44 pm

Driving to Chicago for Anime Central a few times, I've noticed that there are some huge wind farms around.

Those giant wind turbines look intimidating and cool at the same time. It's a clean source of energy but I guess it kills birds. I'd like to see more wind power and solar power as well. It'd be cool to get away from filthy coal powered plants.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 12839 8 years ago on Thu, Feb 25 2016 at 12:26 pm

How about some thread necromancy?

I just found out about a big wind farm near here called "Wildcat Phase I" in Tipton County.

It's at: user link on tools.wmflabs.org

Pretty cool.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 12842 8 years ago on Thu, Feb 25 2016 at 1:30 pm

We have wind farms all over the place where I live. They're a really common sight these days and a lot of them were put up in just the past few years.

I like those big wind turbines, they look really cool.

Interesting.

# 12872 8 years ago on Sat, Feb 27 2016 at 11:33 pm

Wind power's viable in some areas but not in others. You need relatively constant wind in a region to produce dependable power. Same as solar - solar's hit and miss, depending on weather conditions in an area. Geothermal and hydroelectric - same for obvious reasons.

Indiana's a GREAT location for wind power because the land is so flat. There's almost always plenty of wind in that region.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:18

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago