Thread  RSS My Dental Adventure

# 10230 17 years ago on Wed, Aug 15 2007 at 4:17 am

So I had to get a tooth pulled.

The appointment was scheduled for two o'clock but I waited until almost three. Apparently there was an emergency, and I was ok with waiting. Somebody clearly needed emergency treatment and that's fine by me.

After the tooth was removed, I was doped up pretty good on Novacaine or whatever the dentist used. I did seem ok to drive, I just couldn't talk very well.

What do you know... I get pulled over for having a brake light out on the way home. I'm only about a mile and a half from the dentist and I wasn't impaired as far as being able to concentrate on driving or muscular coordination. What I couldn't do is talk. At all.

You can probably guess what happened. The cop thought I was very, very drunk. So I took the breathalyzer test, even after explaining I'd been to the dentist and that was why my speech was slurred. I don't blame the cope for not believing me - he'd probably heard that line before.

Here's what threw me. I hadn't been drinking any alcohol yet the breathalyzer registered a reading right at the legal limit. I swear I was almost arrested but since I was so close to home, the cop followed me back to my apartment and he called the dentist to confirm my story, that I'd been to the dentist.

I was scared to death but everything turned out just fine.

# 10231 17 years ago on Sun, Aug 19 2007 at 1:42 pm

That's one hell of a day. You're lucky you didn't get thrown in the slammer. I bet cops hear "I was at the dentist" a lot from people driving drunk during daytime hours.

I'm not entirely sure it's legal to drive even under the influence of whatever the dentist gives you. Usually, they ask you to have someone else drive you to and from the appointment.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 10232 17 years ago on Sun, Aug 19 2007 at 5:01 pm

For surgery, yes, because you're given a general anesthetic in some cases. I wasn't under general anesthetic, it was just local anesthetic. In hindsight, I *should* have been driving by someone else but nobody else was able to help me that particular day.

# 10233 17 years ago on Tue, Aug 21 2007 at 9:52 am

Lucky you! That could have turned out much, much worse.

I know you don't want preched at but yes, you really shouldn't have driven yourself.

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

# 10234 17 years ago on Tue, Aug 21 2007 at 10:03 am

Whoa! Quite a story you have there surprised

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:28

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago