Thread  RSS Time Traveler ID

# 10352 18 years ago on Wed, May 17 2006 at 10:51 pm

I've posted this before in the old forums, but in case anyone hasn't played around with it yet:

user link on tmc.nitrocosm.com

It's a utility to make your own custom time traveler ID card.

None of the data is stored on the server, btw. Feel free to enter as much or as little data as you want.

Post the image in here if you want (if you have a place to host the image, that is raspberry

Just for goofing off.

grand

User Image

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 10353 18 years ago on Thu, May 18 2006 at 12:03 am

laughing

I don't think I've had a chance to mess around with this yet...

I'm confused about how to get the voice print in there though.

C:>print_out_million_dollar_bill.exe

'print_out_million_dollar_bill.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external revenue service, operable profit, or bank file.

# 10354 18 years ago on Thu, May 18 2006 at 3:41 pm

Yeah, I actually need to fix that so it takes standard wav files.

As it is now, you have to save it as a raw audio file at 16kHz, 8-bit, mono, and unsigned format.

A bit of an explainer about that:

16kHz is the sample rate of the audio. It's not really important other than controlling the size of the file for the voiceprint graphic that's integrated into the ID. You can re-sample the recording in most audio programs, or record at that rate initially.

As for 8-bit vs. 16-bit, that's how many bits per sample. Image data is almost always 8-bits per channel (24-bit graphics are 8 bits for the red, blue, and green channels each). Hence, it needs to be 8-bits per channel in order to work as a greyscale image.

It needs to be mono, again, for simplicity and the lowest file size possible. The voiceprint block will automaticallly be trimmed to fit the space provided in the ID template.

As for unsigned format, there are usually three options for saving raw files regarding this: Signed, unsigned, and with a sign-bit. Save it as unsigned so that the greyscale image directly reflects the amplitude of the signal (black is the highest negative ampitude, 128 grey is zero amplitude, and 255 white is the maximum positive amplitude). Suffice to say, it makes a more pleasant and easier-to-interpret voiceprint image to use the unsigned format.

This is probably as clear as mud, but I hope it helps a little.

--------------------------------

User Image

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 10355 18 years ago on Thu, May 18 2006 at 5:15 pm

Cool, but I don't have a scanner right now to do my signature or a decent pic.

--------------------------------

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 10356 18 years ago on Thu, May 18 2006 at 6:18 pm

I made one a long time ago but I don't have anywhere to post it.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:23

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago