Thread  RSS Hiya

# 10439 18 years ago on Wed, Dec 7 2005 at 9:10 pm

it's ok.... i had kinda forgotten about it anywhys.... and it looks like most of the forums got deleted anywhys, so it really isn't a issue...... why did most of the forums got deleted?

# 10440 18 years ago on Thu, Dec 8 2005 at 10:24 am

The reason is because we changed the forum software several times, and a few of those times we were unable to transfer the databases over. Kinda sucks. But that's all over with now and things are more stable, especiallly since Lynx is handling all of the forum hosting and maintenance.

The server on which www.nitrocosm.com is hosted does not allow PHPBB because the host claims that PHPBB is insecure. That may be the case to some degree since our forums were hacked on more than one occasion (once under PHPBB and a few times when it was YaBcool However, the host that Lynx is using for www.binaryvibrance.net is more lenient and allows PHPBB.

It really would have been nice to preserve all of the old forum posts over the years, but things happened and we weren't able to.

Having said that: as long as Lynx is cool with it, these forums will be around for years and years to come. He may even convert it to the next generation of binary vibrance at some point.

Hope this clarifies things

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 10441 18 years ago on Thu, Dec 8 2005 at 10:48 am

Hi Zenithtime! I haven't been around here in a while, either.

Oh, and welcome back from the dead, Nitro!

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 10442 18 years ago on Fri, Dec 9 2005 at 6:08 pm

Thanks for the clarification, i will agree that it's sad that we wont be able to get back all of those posts but, as long as it is stable all we need to make new posts. So everyone needs to tell everyone that 2214 is back!

# 10443 18 years ago on Fri, Dec 9 2005 at 6:44 pm

That's okay. I've got stuff deleted all the way back to the original virulyde forums. I think the forum've been reset at least three times.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:27

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago