Thread  RSS Mass Mailing fun

# 10680 19 years ago on Fri, May 27 2005 at 7:38 pm

Jenny and I got a letter from Virgin a week or two ago.

They were offering us some super-dooper deal on a credit card. (Jenny and I both have cards that have a $0 limit, so we're not spending money we don't have)

They were also stupid enough to give us a reply paid envelope. Here is our official response to them:

# 10681 19 years ago on Mon, Jul 11 2005 at 11:46 pm

laughing

(Even though that image is a dead link, I remember when it was there!)

Kudos. Maybe I should try that. The credit card companies seem desperate these days.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 10682 19 years ago on Tue, Jul 12 2005 at 1:29 am

Hehe, maybe in US. In here, they actually charge arm and leg for owning credit card, and they check your transaction history, emploee, ancestors to somewhere around 17th cenury I guess and what not before they generously decide to offer you a credit card with wonderful limit of around $500. You know, wild east I guess. It's gotten a bit better lately thought. I still don't know what's better, having credit card companies nokking on your door night and day or having to try hard to get it at all. But for things like travelling or buying some things online, it's very useful. I was eventually able to get it earlier this year. And now, I don't spend money I don't have, so I at least don't pay those crazy interest rates (which reminds me, I should pay my June bill, before I actually do get charged).

# 10683 19 years ago on Tue, Jul 12 2005 at 2:35 am

I don't even have a real credit card. I'm making payments on my car and a laptop, but the only "card" I carry is a debit / bank card.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 10684 19 years ago on Tue, Jul 12 2005 at 9:36 am

Hehe, maybe in US. In here, they actually charge arm and leg for owning credit card, and they check your transaction history, emploee, ancestors to somewhere around 17th cenury I guess and what not before they generously decide to offer you a credit card with wonderful limit of around $500. You know, wild east I guess. It's gotten a bit better lately thought. I still don't know what's better, having credit card companies nokking on your door night and day or having to try hard to get it at all. But for things like travelling or buying some things online, it's very useful. I was eventually able to get it earlier this year. And now, I don't spend money I don't have, so I at least don't pay those crazy interest rates (which reminds me, I should pay my June bill, before I actually do get charged).

They work about this way here too. Many credit cards will charge you 3-5 hundred dollars a year in assorted fees just to have the card, let alone actually use it. We just have cheaper postage here and give discounts for bulk mailing, so it's cheaper to pull stuff like that here.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:24

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago