Thread  RSS On the subject of new games

# 10761 19 years ago on Thu, Apr 7 2005 at 11:12 am

There are three. The original was never released in the US, but there are translated versions of it for the SNES all over the web. The second, which I still haven't found , was for the playstation, and the third was released for the PS2 a while back. Great game, even if the plot does fall a little flat near the end. You are right at hot it seems to be chronically under-rated, Karma. It's something that's struck me as odd myself. Maybe it has something to do with them putting out a new game only once every five years...

# 10762 19 years ago on Thu, Apr 7 2005 at 12:34 pm

Playstation 2. And the game is simply awesome.

The graphics are very anime-style 3D graphics. There aren't many games out there that pull off the anime style well in 3D, but Xenosaga and Star Ocean manage to do it very well. The quality of Star Ocean's graphics approach that of Xenosaga I, easily.

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

# 10763 19 years ago on Thu, Apr 7 2005 at 12:37 pm

Might as well throw in my two cents.

I'm a gamer of all sorts. so if I have the option, I'll consider Star Ocean as worth a purchase. Among what'll likely be a lot of other games...

# 10764 19 years ago on Thu, Apr 7 2005 at 12:38 pm

As you guys turned me on to Xenosaga, Starfyre and I will turn you guys on to Star Ocean

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

# 10765 19 years ago on Thu, Apr 7 2005 at 2:37 pm

I saw the preview for Star Ocean III, I think it was. Nice. That one's going on my list of games to get, since I'm a sucker for any anime-styled game.

And yes, it's tough to pull off the anime-style thing in 3D. Seems like all attempts at cell-shading 3D graphics backfire.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:28

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago