Thread  RSS Xenosaga

# 10766 19 years ago on Mon, Mar 28 2005 at 1:42 am

Add me to the ranks of people on here who are Xenosaga addicts.

My parents got me a Playstation 2 for my birthday but it didn't come with any games. So... after reading all the hubbub about Xenosaga on here, guess what game I got.

I've never played Xenogears, and I was tempted to buy episode II first, but decided to get Xenosaga episode 1 and see how it was.

You guys weren't kidding. This game, despite the looooonnngggg cut-scenes, is just plain fun. I'm at the part where they're on the Elsa fighting the robotic intruders. I like the U.M.N. stuff too

Any tips for beating the boss character on the Elsa in this stage? I keep dying on that part...

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

# 10767 19 years ago on Mon, Mar 28 2005 at 6:04 am

Mwa ha ha... I see we have converted yet another one.

But seriously, congrats on getting that game. As far as defeating the D.O.M.O. Carrier... it's been a while since I've played episode I but there should be a number of strategy guides out there.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 10768 19 years ago on Mon, Mar 28 2005 at 6:49 am

Yes...Now, I must corrupt more of you to the ways of the shmup.

Xenosaga=good. Xenogears=worth getting but impossible to find except via the interweb. Square-Enix still has it on their online store (but no Einhaender, more's the pity).

As for the DOMO carrier (...why do I think of Domo-kun?), I forget how I beat it. But when it says it memorises a particular action slot, try to boost and otherwise cheat it out of it whenever possible. because I'm pretty sure it gets mean the next time that slot rolls around on its turn. Also, as goes for any boss battle, heal. A lot. And use deathblows. Maybe pull out them mostly-useless AGWS and see how they do. Any ether that can mess with mechanical enemies might be worth a try, too.

# 10769 19 years ago on Mon, Mar 28 2005 at 11:49 am

I had trouble there, too. Using boost as much as possible helps in pretty much all the boss battles. Try timing boost to go right before that thing uses any special attacks.

(just a general strategy that works for me )

# 10770 19 years ago on Tue, Mar 29 2005 at 5:30 am

First off, if it memorizes the crit rate up slot, you might as well just reset and start over, 'cause you're screwed. I was about lvl 12 when I took it on, but that's because I did a lot of stupid things fighting it, so it shouldn't be a problem at nine or ten. You'll want to give healing ethers to each character though. Just get a couple of tech attacks up to high, *cough*armcannon*cough*, build up a triple boost gauge for each character during the fight, and pound it to scrap. If you handle things right, you can chain 15-20 boosts that way, assuming it doesn't die first.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:20

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago