Thread  RSS 2214 RP Thread 3

# 10891 19 years ago on Tue, Mar 22 2005 at 6:50 pm

"Oh yeah, that's right... shows how forgetful I am these days."

He turned around and thought for a moment.

"You're hired. I've seen more than enough to know you'd be perfect for the job. Now, Atlas ran off with the only available construction mech we had, other than my own and that of the other crewmen, but maybe you don't really need a mech to handle the welding tools and lifting..."

He looked at Gren for a moment.

"Exactly how much weight can a Bydo lift?"

# 10892 19 years ago on Tue, Mar 22 2005 at 7:22 pm

"Hmm," Gren looked thoughtful for a moment, rubbing his chin with one hand. "I'd say it depends. Let me just see the sort of things I'd be working with tomorrow, and we'll work it out then. Just remember, I'm supposed to be human, at the moment, so I can't be showing off too much."

The last remark was as much for himself as it was for Jerod. He knew himself better than anyone. But, it might be possible that he'd be asked to do things that would require inhuman aaptitudes, which would be rather incongrouous with avoiding unwanted attention as a xenobiological specimen.

# 10893 19 years ago on Tue, Mar 22 2005 at 7:30 pm

In a remote field somewhere on Kaperth, Atlas' mech stood, deactivated. A few hundred feet away, Atlas sat near the edge of a cliff overlooking the valley. It was about the middle of the day here, bright and sunny. On the outside, everything looked peaceful.

Inside, Atlas was searching, time and time again, to find out what compelled him to change into the monster he had become. The voices had stopped; no longer outside suggestions - but now subconscious thought.

He kept his eyes shut as he tried to continue meditating.

Within his mind, he was in a dark corridor with echoes of laughter coming from the vents. Walking along, this metaphorical place was a reflection of this new mental state he found himself forced into. There were some blood stains on the walls, and every time he walked past one, the laughter grew louder and louder.

Suddenly, he recognized a portion of the corridors he was in. It was the David Station.

Opening his eyes, he went from this disturbing vision back to the peaceful, warm setting he had landed the mech in.

"Is that where the answers lie? On the David station?"

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 10894 19 years ago on Tue, Mar 22 2005 at 8:55 pm

"Well, it's getting late, so I'll see everybody tomorrow."

She started to head away, but turned around to ask,

"Gren, if you need a place to stay, the place that I found has two bedrooms, and I'm not using the second one. Why not just crash there for tonight?"

Gren shrugged. Electra paused for a moment, and then got a sort of nervous smirk on her face.

"Well, you're welcome to stay as long as you promise not to eat me."

(OOC: Referring to what happened to Diablo, get your minds out of the gutter )

C:>print_out_million_dollar_bill.exe

'print_out_million_dollar_bill.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external revenue service, operable profit, or bank file.

# 10895 19 years ago on Wed, Mar 23 2005 at 4:18 am

"You're not dead, are you," the Bydo asked, rhetorically. "Allies tend to be much more useful as things other than sustenance."

He joined Electra as she headed off. "Thanks for the offer."

((Short. But I can't think of anything else to do/say.))

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:17

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago