Thread  RSS New Pandora

# 10936 19 years ago on Sun, Mar 20 2005 at 8:33 pm

Y'know, I've been trying to picture in my head what New Pandora would look like.

From the descriptions in the RP, it would have to be massive - far larger than the original, top-shaped Pandora. The docks are apparently able to hold a large Kadmasian war ship with no problem, plus all those mechs and fighter craft.

The city level's more than one tier as it is, with several levels below the surface, and the engineering sections with the antimatter railgun compartment.

Given this, I'd say it's no less than 10 kilometers wide - at least the size of a medium-sized city.

The shape, however, I've no clue.

If anyone wants to take a stabbity-stab at some concept art, I'd be thrilled to see it.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 10937 19 years ago on Mon, Mar 21 2005 at 4:07 am

I agree on the size. Regarding the appearance, i had something in mind similar to Bespin or Tiphares. (from Starwars and BattleAngelAlita, in the case you don't know).

# 10938 19 years ago on Tue, Mar 22 2005 at 12:21 pm

Old Pandora reminded me of Bespin.

# 10939 19 years ago on Tue, Mar 22 2005 at 12:37 pm

I've got no idea what the station would look like, although I'll agree that it's probably huge.

There are probably docking locations for larger ships like the Kadmas cruiser that wouldn't involve the ship entering the station completely, which might save a little space. All a ship that big really needs is some mooring and the various connections for airlocks and resupply. Repairs can be made in some sort of vehicle, which would make more sense for a large ship, anyway.

# 10940 19 years ago on Tue, Mar 22 2005 at 12:57 pm

Btw, how big are Kadmasian battlecruisers, anyways? My guess would be in the range of a kilometer length...

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:19

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago