Thread  RSS RP Vehicles

# 10946 19 years ago on Fri, Mar 18 2005 at 4:19 pm

Because Wolfwood sort of added some basic stats to things, I might as well do the same with the R-90. Here, we probably have more information than we want to know. And, if anyone's curious, the control system is rather standard for a fighter.

R-902 Ragnarok II

Length: 10 M

Mass: 40 tons (Homeworld value for Scout class fighter)

Engines: High-effenciency plasma turbines *3, Hypserspace unit *1, Maneuvering thrusters * many

Shields: None

Armor: Layered ablative ceramic composite

Medium (250)

Max. Velocity: ~1000 m/s

Weapons:

Twin-Linked Laser Gattling Guns (fixed forward mount)

Firepower: Low Max. Rate of Fire: Constant

Bydo High-Maneuverability Homing Missile:

Firepower: Mid Max. ROF: 2/lock-on. Ammunition: Infinite (manufactured on-board) Lock Type: Visual

Hyper Wave Cannon

Firepower: High Max. ROF:4-round burst/second Max. Charge: 2 loops

Cool-down: 2 minute

Giga Wave Cannon

Firepower: Holy @$^% Max. ROF: 1 / 3 minutes Max. Charge: 7 loops

A heavy fighter based upon a captured human design, the Ragnarok II is extremely deadly in the hands of a capable pilot. While its main guns are comparatively weak and it lacks shielding, both disadvantages are usually remedied by the presence of a Force Unit and bits. Gren's ship was deployed without either, although the control systems are intact.

The missiles used by the fighter are definitely Bydo in origin. While they still lock on mutiple bands, including heat signature and radar, the small, high-maneuverability missiles appear primarily biological in construction and track enemies intelligently using a set of eyes on teir front surfaces.

The dual wave cannon system allows the Ragnarok II to fire the hyper wave cannon in addition to the awe-inspring giga wave cannon. However, it lacks the proper cooling system and uasge of the rapid-fire hyper cannon causes the ship to overheat and be incapable of charging wave energy for a couple minutes. Both wave cannons work by reversing the hyperdrive unit and feeding wabe energy through it, providing either rapid-fire capability or one of the most terrifying blasts seen produced by a fighter-sized craft.

# 10947 19 years ago on Sat, Mar 19 2005 at 7:37 am

Thanks to Nitro for illustrating Shell's mech!!!

It's Here.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 10948 19 years ago on Sun, Mar 20 2005 at 5:28 pm
Post Image

Thanks to Nitro for my new "Big Al" Avatar

# 10949 19 years ago on Sun, Mar 20 2005 at 10:24 pm
Post Image

Here's some simple diagrams of the Pesachim Q-7:

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 10950 19 years ago on Mon, Mar 21 2005 at 7:06 am

Because I tossed it up on Photobucket to show Nitro the other day, I might as well toss it up here. Presenting, the cockpit interoir structure/pilot unit for the R-90 series.

...Actually, never mind, I think the image was stretching the screen. So, text link instead. Because I hate horizontal scroll bars.

I'd give an image credit, but it's from a Japanese site, and I can't read Japanese.

I'll also be adding some screenshots of R-Type 3 that feature a first-person view of the cockpit once I take them.

Weapon system select screen with Shadow Force. Useful for force unit info and the HUD in the background.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:21

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago