Thread  RSS Spooky Stories

# 11196 17 years ago on Sat, Sep 1 2007 at 10:20 pm

After some requests to do so, I've decided to post my creepy story about an experience that happened not too long ago when some friends and I went out for a bite to eat late at night.

Before I get started, I want to make it clear that I don't believe in ghosts. What happened was weird and creepy but I'm sure there's a logical explanation.

So, a group of us (myself and three friends) go out for a night of bowling and have a few drinks afterward. Before anybody gets preachy, yes, one of my friends, lets' call him Gus, is the designated driver and doesn't drink anything all night.

We hit the bowling alley around 7pm and finish up around 9pm. After that, we have a few drinks at a nice upscale bar up around Washington Street. While we're there, we get into a discussion with some guy about communism or something (I don't know, exactly, I stayed out of it, mostly) and it gets a little heated so we decided to get the hell out of there and we end up just driving around half the night.

It's a little past 12 am or so and a couple of us are getting hungry so we're on Peoria heading West and come up to an In-and-Out burger joint. We stop in (they're getting ready to close up) but they let us in. None of us are plastered - none of my friends nor I ever get drunk - but in terms of recollection I would say there's a slim chance that maybe none of us were as perceptive as we would normally be in the morning after two cups of coffee and a full night's rest.

Anyway, we're sitting in the place havin some burgers and cokes. There's some kind of altercation outside in the parking lot and the people running the place call the cops. We didn't get a good view of what was going on and we didn't want to look nosey.

A police car shows up in a few minutes and pulls into the lot next to what I assumed was the guy's car who was causing the ruckus out there. I guess there wasn't an arrest made or anything, maybe the guy he was fighting with had already got the heck out of dodge - I didn't see - but the police car starts to leave.

Well, we're pretty much done eating so we're watiting for the all-clear to go (didn't want to be outside if something was going down). We watch the police cruiser turn around and start to leave. The problem is that where we're sitting, we could see the only exit from the parking lot the police car could have taken. We keep watching as it turns around to go around the burger joint but we never see it come back around the other side of the place to get back out onto Peoria.

There was literally no where else the police car could have gone. We finally went back out to our car dna looked around. The police car wasn't anywhere and we never saw it leave.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 11197 17 years ago on Sun, Sep 2 2007 at 2:46 am

That IS a bizarre tale. I wonder whatever happened to that police car?

Those things don't just poof away into thin air.

# 11198 17 years ago on Sun, Sep 2 2007 at 7:14 am

That's a decent story.

You guys were probably distracted for the split second, just by coincidence, that they drove away.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11199 17 years ago on Sun, Sep 2 2007 at 11:40 am

laughing! Ghostly burgers! Haunted police cars!

How silly yay

# 11200 17 years ago on Sun, Sep 2 2007 at 4:07 pm

Cool story, bro

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:23

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago