Thread  RSS Your favorite IDE / editor?

# 11544 7 years ago on Sat, Jan 16 2016 at 11:16 pm

I've been using Notepad++ for many years, now. I tried Eclipse and, while it had some useful functions and a decent lint filter, it was too slow and had too many bugs.

What IDE (Integrated Development Environment) do you use?

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11555 7 years ago on Sun, Jan 17 2016 at 12:40 am

Visual Studio here. I've used Eclipse, too, but I don't care for it at all. It runs on Java which makes it slow to begin with but it's clunky even with that taken into consideration.

Visual Studio, insert boos at Microsoft here, is feature-rich and automates a LOT of things. Its lint filter is very effective and saves me a ton of time.

As you know, I do 90% of my coding in C with the other 10% in MS SQL, Java, and C#.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
1 min 54 sec

Most Recently Online
ZOL2 minutes ago
bates3 weeks ago
Lexica4 weeks ago
Miroku1 month ago
Nitrocosm1 month ago