Thread  RSS What would you do if you won the Powerball?

# 11577 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 17 2016 at 9:37 pm

The Powerball lottery's been in the news a lot lately since the jackpot was at an all-time high. If you, against almost incomprehensible odds, won the prize, what would you do?

I've been wondering, just for fun. Aside from the fact that the people who play must be living a pipe dream, what would even happen to a person? Most people probably have some idea / fantasy about what they'd do if the suddenly became wealthy beyond their wildest dreams but I don't have a clue what to do if that ever actually happened.

What would you do?

Interesting.

# 11583 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 17 2016 at 10:21 pm

That's kind of a loaded question. If a person says they'd use the money for personal pleasure, they'd be judged harshly.

I don't know what I'd do, either. With billions of dollars, I'd try to expand my business into a corporation and hire people but I'd also donate a lot of it. I'd build a personal recording studio for my brother and myself and upgrade all of my computer equipment. I'd have a small, decent house (big enough to contain the studio) but wouldn't bother with a mansion or have more than one car. I don't need a yacht or a vacation home or any jewelry.

Really, the whole idea of "conspicuous wealth" just doesn't jive well with me. The money would have to be put to a good use, not into tacky bling.

That means no grillz grand

Oh, something else: playing the lottery indicates, to some extent, lacking a grasp of probability.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Sunday, January 17th, 2016 at 10:23 pm)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11587 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 17 2016 at 11:01 pm

Go ahead and judge me. If I hit the lotto I'd live like a goddamned pimp.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 12592 8 years ago on Sat, Feb 13 2016 at 8:33 pm

The whole conspicuous wealth thing has always boggled me too. Real talk, I'd live it up, maybe take some VERY nice vacations and travel around the world. That kind of money's hard to spend. I'd donate some, probably a good chunk of it, make sure my family is all wealthy first before donating it to any organizations. I guess the big thing is to make sure all of my family is well taken care of.

If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.

# 12666 8 years ago on Wed, Feb 17 2016 at 6:35 am

If I won the Power Ball? The actual ball? I don't know, maybe I'd put the ball on my shelf and use it as a conversation piece. I'd rather win money, but, hmm, whatcha gonna do?

You cannot comprehend me.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:10

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago