Thread  RSS UFO Thread

# 11586 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 17 2016 at 11:00 pm

Figured I'd start a thread to talk about UFOs. We get a lot of sightings around here and I don't know what to think. More or less I'm a skeptic when it comes to these things but the stories are still interesting as long as it doesn't get into those looney abduction tales.

Rob Dyke did a nice little video recently featuring the infamous "Phoenix lights". I've seen them first hand and while I lean toward thinking they're some kind of publicity stunt, there's no way to be sure right now.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 11647 8 years ago on Mon, Jan 18 2016 at 8:47 pm

Oh, nice. I've been subscribed to Rob Dyke for a couple of years, now.

As for UFO's, I find the topic very interesting and miss the days when Coast to Coast AM would talk about that subject more often. Nowadays, C2C usually has the worst kinds of charlatans as guests, peddling snake oils, hoaxes, completely unfounded theories, and claiming to have clairvoyance and other pseudo-scientific hogwash. I digress.

I've never seen an actual UFO in person. It would be amazing to see such a thing and I do believe that there are many legitimate cases where highly unusual things are spotted in the sky by honest people. There are an awful lot of fake reports, too, but not all of them are fake. I don't doubt that you've seen the Phoenix lights, either.

They are most likely some kind of elaborate publicity stunt, yes. From first impressions, those lights look like flares attached to small parachutes or perhaps helium balloons.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11739 8 years ago on Wed, Jan 20 2016 at 7:47 am

That's a cool video but most UFO reports turn out to be airplanes. People who claim to have met aliens or been abducted usually have some kind of psychological condition that causes them to either hallucinate or have delusions.

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

# 11742 8 years ago on Wed, Jan 20 2016 at 8:43 am

The universe is a big, big place. Who knows what's out there? rotf

Those Phoenix lights are fascinating. Not aliens, most likely, but why the hush from the Air Force? It wouldn't make sense to claim ignorance, so much as a flare gun goes off and they're all over it.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:10

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago