Thread  RSS Having a twisted sense of humor

# 11630 14 years ago on Tue, Oct 12 2010 at 12:09 am

Ssabre, I really don't want to post the artwork here. I didn't think is was a big deal at the time but ostensibly it is. Therefore, it's most likely inappropriate to post here.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11631 14 years ago on Tue, Oct 12 2010 at 2:52 am

Thank you. I don't want to see it.

The question still stands, why was it supposed to be funny?

Put everything on ice

# 11632 14 years ago on Tue, Oct 12 2010 at 5:36 am

Sometimes people are hypersensitive but some things are in bad taste.

Maybe it's best to just not post the art and then let sleeping dogs lie. Whomever this person is who didn't like the artwork will calm down eventually.

Hey, I've told my share of inappropriate jokes at the bar and received many a disapproving glare. It happens, man, it happens. undecided

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 14557 14 years ago on Tue, Oct 12 2010 at 6:18 pm

It all depends on context.

In general I dislike harming animals for anything other than humanely killing them for sustenance. I've never understood the purpose of hunting anything if you don't plan on it being eaten or otherwise used. Even then, anything other than a quick and relatively painless death seems cruel.

At the same time, depictions of any kind of violence depend wholly on context. If it's cartoon slapstick violence, it isn't necessarily something I'd personally get worked up over.

I haven't seen Nitro's particular artwork in question but I'd assume it wasn't done out of hostility. Maybe it was in bad taste - I don't know. Maybe the person was hypersensitive or maybe Nitro just wasn't thinking.

It just all depends on the intent of the creator.

I'm beginning to become skeptical of cynicism.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:40

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago