Thread  RSS Social Networking Experiments Concluded.

# 12299 15 years ago on Fri, Apr 17 2009 at 6:09 pm

New article in News (Regular musings and updates): Social Networking Experiments Concluded.

Well, after a trial period of tying social networking to this web site, I've decided to end the experiment and remove all of that. I'd like to thank the few people that joined the "friend connect" system, but it was causing some problems with the site loading and the layout, therefore not really adding anything to the site experience. This was also the case with the digg, etc. buttons so I decided to remove them as well (no one was using these, either).

Last of all, I got rid of my Twitter account because it was becoming a distraction and importing the feed on this site was causing a major slowdown in page load times.

So... the site has been simplified and so have my online habits. If you followed me on Twitter, the RSS feed is always available. I'll still go out and read peoples' Twitter accounts, too. Some of you have really good updates....

Read the rest of the article here: user link on www.nitrocosm.com

All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.

-- H. L. Mencken

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:23

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago