Thread  RSS Eliminating Distractions

# 12300 15 years ago on Thu, Apr 23 2009 at 10:08 am

New article in News (Regular musings and updates): Eliminating Distractions

Updating has been a little slower this week. I'm still in the process of finishing up page 141 and it should be up today.

Over the years, as the Internet has evolved, many people have signed up for more and more communication / sharing tools like instant messengers, social networking sites, etc. I have found that in doing this, the number of online distractions has steadily increased. There are more and more entertainment and news sites that have tempted me to spend time with them rather than focusing on tasks that help accomplish goals, such as drawing, music, etc. While I've been disciplined enough to prevent them from interfering with my paying work, these distractions still pose a threat to moving forward with 2214 and other things I work on.

In a move to change my computer usage habits and online behaviors, I'm trying an experiment that may or may not become a long term personal standard: No more instant messaging. I already got rid of my Twitter account. No more surfing YouTube randomly, ei...

Read the rest of the article here: user link on www.nitrocosm.com

"If it weren't for my lawyer I'd still be in prison. It went a lot faster with two people digging."

-- Joe Martin

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:7

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood295 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin6 months ago