Thread  RSS Proven one-step process to convert CO2 and water directly into liquid hydrocarbon fuel

# 12788 8 years ago on Tue, Feb 23 2016 at 7:03 am

This was recently in the news.

A team of University of Texas at Arlington chemists and engineers have proven that concentrated light, heat and high pressures can drive the one-step conversion of carbon dioxide and water directly into useable liquid hydrocarbon fuels.

Here's the rest of the story. user link on phys.org

Certainly noteworthy, I guess.

An inventor is simply a fellow who doesn't take his education too seriously.

-- Charles F. Kettering

# 12789 8 years ago on Tue, Feb 23 2016 at 8:00 am

From the article, it wasn't entirely clear if the fuels produced were clean. Even if they take CO2 out of the atmosphere, burning that fuel would put the CO2 right back into the atmosphere, correct? Perhaps I misunderstand.

If the production and use of this fuel cleans up the atmosphere, good. I'm skeptical that it outweighs the energy use and pollution from the process.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 12790 8 years ago on Tue, Feb 23 2016 at 8:21 am

Enough about how you use it or avoid using it, though. Thinking about this too much gives me gas. Awesome? No way! I'm a wasn and you would be. ) so the additional layer of jQuery is almost never needed for such things. It is also kind of bulky, necessarily, because of all the functionality it contains. Here's the rest of the story. Even if they take CO2 out of the atmosphere, burning that fuel would put the CO2 right back into the atmosphere, correct? Perhaps you misunderstand. That's certainly something to consider. JQuery is cool and makes a lot of operations in JavaScript dead simple. Also kind of bul.

nt nominal U.S. goal and/or that strong waves filled BRIC economy.

Se

# 12796 8 years ago on Tue, Feb 23 2016 at 9:44 am

On Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016 at 1:21 pm, Xenos said:

Thinking about this too much gives me gas.

That's the whole point! Erm, or maybe it's to take gas rather than give it. Sounds like it's a little bit of both.

You cannot comprehend me.

# 12797 8 years ago on Tue, Feb 23 2016 at 10:17 am

To be honest, is this really relevant?

What, exactly, is co2? Somehow, way managed to read.

Did you know?

MaxHeadronsColl - do you use google talk often anymore?

dly. There was an as well as the

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:20

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago