Thread  RSS New methods for reviving cardiac arrest victims without or with minimal brain damage

# 14372 15 years ago on Wed, Jul 15 2009 at 3:33 pm

I know that you need special training for CPR because, if done improperly, it's possible to severely injure (or further severely injure) the individual.

Years ago I received CPR training at the Red Cross. Never had to use it.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 14373 15 years ago on Wed, Jul 15 2009 at 9:12 pm

That's really interesting! I always thought it was a matter of the brain not getting enough oxygen.

Turns out the brain is damaged when oxygen is administered right after the heart attack.

It's great that these new methods are coming out. yay

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 14374 15 years ago on Thu, Jul 16 2009 at 2:49 am

Pretty cool. I wouldn't want to be the one on which these methods are tested but when I get old and need it, it'll be good to have for sure.

Unrealistic as it may be, however, I'd prefer to simply NEVER have a heart attack.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 14375 15 years ago on Thu, Jul 16 2009 at 8:27 am

Unrealistic as it may be, however, I'd prefer to simply NEVER have a heart attack.

Ja well no s***. Who wants to have one?

I'm beginning to become skeptical of cynicism.

# 14376 15 years ago on Thu, Jul 16 2009 at 2:06 pm

I'm getting to be the age where heart attacks and strokes become more likely. Rather than hope for my brain to be preserved, I'll focus on prevention.

Remember to get plenty of good exercise.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:30

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago