Thread  RSS Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra

# 14401 18 years ago on Mon, Sep 11 2006 at 5:36 am

Man. I just finished the third (and, unfortunately, final) installment of the Xenosaga series.

I liked all three games. The storyline was complex and hard to follow at times but the gameplay, characters, and setting were all fantastic.

The art style changed drastically over the course of the series. Unfortunately, due to the apparent lackluster reception, the series was cancelled and the third episode was made to be the last one.

Originally, there were supposed to be at least five episodes, with the fifth (ostensibly) being about where we are in the timeline with Xenogears, although Xenosaga is not officially the prequel to Xenogears (even though I consider it to be so).

It's good. I highly recommend playing the entire series in order.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 14402 18 years ago on Mon, Sep 11 2006 at 8:47 pm

It wasn't half bad. There were parts that disappointed me.

As for the art style, yes it changes a lot over the series.

Episode II was the weakest, in my opinion. III was probably the best of all of them.

# 14403 18 years ago on Tue, Sep 12 2006 at 11:59 am

I started episode II some time ago but never finished. There were aspects of the gameplay that got me hung up.

Guess I'll need to finish that one before getting part 3. One of these days...

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 14404 18 years ago on Wed, Sep 13 2006 at 3:10 am

Personally I really liked the first game's art style.

Ep. 2's character designs were just way too different from the first. It was jarring.

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

# 14405 18 years ago on Wed, Sep 13 2006 at 1:10 pm

Guess I'll need to finish that one before getting part 3.

You REALLY should. It's well-worth it.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:21

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago