Thread  RSS Funtimes with Robots

# 14655 14 years ago on Sun, Oct 10 2010 at 5:30 pm

After some discussion, we're going to start general discussion for a new RP featuring... what else,.. giant robots.

Because who doesn't like giant robots?

So, here's the general setup:

We're in the theme of Super Robot Wars, more or less. For those who don't know, SRW is a spin-off of the Compati Hero series. As a side note, it's featured popular mecha like Getter Robo, Mazinger Z, and, of course, Mobile Suit Gundam (because why not?). So, in terms of setting, I'm going with something similar to the Gundam world, heavy on geopolitics and the like. The setting could take place in space or on either the Earth or some moon, but overall we're dealing with somewhat advanced, space-faring nations and colonies.

Battle / game play mechanics would involve your typical melee and long-range attacks, either with blades or beam / projectile weaponry, most of which is built into the mecha's design. The battle system and world may involve some degree of magic although we should establish whether or not magic and sorcery exist from the outset and whether it's pure magic or explained by some kind of nanotech, etc.

We might want to make a separate thread for character sheets or we could just post them in here. Either way's fine with me. This thread is also for general planning and setting up the initial plot.

# 14656 14 years ago on Sun, Oct 10 2010 at 9:38 pm

I'll probably run with Atlas again. For his mecha, some new design would be best. I'll come up with something and post it soon.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 14657 14 years ago on Mon, Oct 11 2010 at 1:47 am
Post Image

I've put together an intial design for my mecha. I don't have a character planned yet, though.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 14658 14 years ago on Mon, Oct 11 2010 at 5:54 am

Hmmm. I think we might go with sleeker mecha designs, like ZOE or something similar. Depending on the era, the blockier looking mecha might be out of place, at least in terms of battle / military models.

# 14659 14 years ago on Mon, Oct 11 2010 at 10:02 am

I'm not sure if I'll participate but I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

The previous RP's have been really good and exciting to read.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:25

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago