Thread  RSS Sky Girls

# 14874 16 years ago on Sat, Jun 14 2008 at 10:36 am

Another good anime series lately: Sky Girls, by J.C. Staff. In 2071, a sort of mechanical-biological hybrid species appears called the WORMs, generally wreaking havoc on the human race on a large scale. In response to the threat, the world unites into a global force to deal with the WORMs. As a result of unification and the threat of extinction, the use of WMDs was sanctioned and the use of said weapons wiped out most of military age people across the globe. Antartica disappeared and the coastlines were drastically changed due to that.

Cue the girls, now the only ones left to do the fighting. Their weapons are knows as "Sonic Diver" units, which are basically mecha-lite (or powered armor that can fly). The main character is your typical naive type from one of the remaining islands and of course is a late comer to the team at the beginning of the story. She has a twin brother who went missing during an incident in their childhood, which becomes a plot element later on.

The art style is your typical moe, with some cool mecha and battleship designs as a strong plus. The animation quality is... above average, also.

# 14875 16 years ago on Sat, Jun 14 2008 at 12:48 pm

I've started watching this, as you know. It's pretty decent.

Of this genre of anime, this one's one of the better I've seen.. Might be a little heavy on the fanservice at times but I can look past that.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 14876 16 years ago on Sat, Jun 14 2008 at 3:00 pm

Your typical fan service is sprinkled in here and there. Comparitively low, considering the genre. Bearable, anyway.

# 14877 16 years ago on Sat, Jun 14 2008 at 5:13 pm

I don't mind it that much. It's only bothersome if it's gratuitous.

The story is really good, by the way.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 14878 16 years ago on Sat, Jun 14 2008 at 7:25 pm

Wish I had time to watch some anime. The whole lolis subgenre isn't my thing - I'd have to skip this one.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:27

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago