Thread  RSS The new system!

# 15262 14 years ago on Fri, Sep 3 2010 at 6:26 pm

I am please to finally have the new and improved forums system go live!

It's still in kind of a production beta, so there may be a few glitches here and there. Please let me know if you find any bugs.

I'm finishing up some parts of the chat system but we should be able to test it very soon. It's almost working.

There is also now a private messaging system! Just click the "inbox" button in the side column when you're logged in.

Additionally, I'm working on a new statistics system with totals and averages over time.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15263 14 years ago on Sat, Sep 4 2010 at 10:24 pm

Very cool. I can't wait to check out the chat system. A lot of people have been asking for it (and we haven't managed to get together in IRC in a long time) so that's going to be great.

As far as bugs, I would recommend making a separate thread dedicated to detailed bug reports.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 15264 14 years ago on Mon, Sep 6 2010 at 2:22 am

Cool, I'll make a thread for that.

Also, I'm optimizing the way users are logged in so that the system is more secure.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15265 14 years ago on Tue, Sep 7 2010 at 6:19 am

Nice. Is this a complete re-write? It looks similar to the old system but I can tell some things have definitely changed.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 15266 14 years ago on Wed, Sep 8 2010 at 10:18 am

I skinned it with the same layout and design, Jimson, but the backend is mostly new. There's a few things carried over from the old system but it's mostly overhauled except for the structure of the database (I didn't want to have to re-organize the entire database if I didn't need to). Everything else on the backend has been changed drastically.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:27

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago