Thread  RSS Ar Tonelico

# 15403 14 years ago on Sat, Oct 9 2010 at 2:17 pm

A fun game by Gust and Banpresto that I picked up recently.

It's your more or less typical JRPG for the PS2. The setting takes place on a planet called Ar Ciel where the entire surface is covered by a "Sea of Death" and the only place people can live are the towers. The tower in the game, named Ar Tonelico (hence the title) is the main location in the game. Your main character is the well-intentioned but hot tempered prince who encounters beings known as Reyvateil. Rayvateil are artificial humanoids who interact with the tower via singing "hymns", which are literally computer code for the tower's systems.

Interestingly, the language of the tower and the hymns that control it (and provide the basis of the world's "magic") has an actual in-game alphabet. There's actually a font out there for hymnos.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15404 14 years ago on Mon, Oct 11 2010 at 12:24 am

I'm familiar with this series. We rented the second game a while back and played through the first part. It wasn't bad and the music was really cool! It reminded me of the music from "Umineko no Naku Koro ni" (When They Cry). yay Really amazing vocals in a fictional language.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 15405 14 years ago on Tue, Oct 12 2010 at 10:32 am

The whole AT series has some great music in it. You should check out the first game.

A word of caution: The second game has a spot where it tends to crash.

# 15406 14 years ago on Wed, Oct 13 2010 at 8:41 pm

I might rent the first game at some point. It's about time to re-up on the Gamefly subscription anyway yay

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 15407 14 years ago on Fri, Oct 15 2010 at 6:48 am

I listen to the Ar Tonelico soundtrack in my car all of the time.

My favorite has to be EXEC/PAJA for Misha. There are also some battle themes that are really cool.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:22

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago