Thread  RSS Anime Recommendations

# 16322 1 year ago on Sun, Mar 5 2023 at 4:31 pm

Double-post. Oh, well.

Anyway, having watched several episodes of Trigun: Stampede... I have to admit that the humor from the original series is almost entirely missing. Vash is a much more serious character in this one.

It's still good but it's definitely lacking some of the more fun traits of the original.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 16328 1 year ago on Sun, Mar 5 2023 at 6:40 pm

Well it does try to take the whole show in a very different direction. I too miss the donut-obsessed, "Love and Peace!" shouting Vash but like the expanded lore angle on the story. The animation is, despite being (almost) completely CGI, downright beautiful in the new series.

Not much humor, I'll grant that.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 16330 1 year ago on Sun, Mar 5 2023 at 9:47 pm

A couple of things really stood out to me that were kind of a surprise and not necessarily in a good way, though...

SPOILER WARNING:

spoiler (click to show):

The absence of Milly is strange, although I understand it in the terms of how Meryl's job is completely different in the new series.

One of Vash's nicknames is still "needle noggin" which no longer makes sense since his hair style has changed to no longer be spiky.

(This post was edited 1 year ago on Sunday, March 5th, 2023 at 9:48 pm)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 16344 1 year ago on Wed, Apr 5 2023 at 10:07 am

I have to admit that Trigun Stampede felt a little "empty" compared to the original. It did convince me to give the original series another re-watch, so that's good. I think it would be great if they did another remake that's a little more faithful to the original not only in terms of the story but the art style.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 16346 1 year ago on Wed, Apr 12 2023 at 1:06 pm

The original is still my preference.

Although the visuals in the new series were phenomenal, there was too much of the original left out. Parts of the story that were slowly revealed later in the original were introduced immediately in the new series.

Remakes and reboots don't have to be 100% faithful to the original but I have to wonder if they changed it just a bit too much, story-wise.

Still... it's not bad.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:12

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago