Thread  RSS Artificial Intelligence

# 16290 1 year ago on Mon, Feb 6 2023 at 10:50 am

We are just now seeing artificial intelligence become publicly recognized as a major force.

What OpenAI and Stable Diffusion (among others) can do right now is just the tip of the iceberg.

When the gestalt of human knowledge is accessed by a system powerful enough to work with it in real time, things previously unimaginable suddenly happen.

The automobile, electricity, computers, and the Internet. A.I. is next.

(This post was edited 1 year ago on Monday, February 6th, 2023 at 10:51 am)

# 16296 1 year ago on Mon, Feb 6 2023 at 8:43 pm

The potential is massive. I've played around a bit with ChatGPT and Dall-E mini and found those tools very interesting. A.I. generated art is, as of right now, little more than a novelty but it will likely see a lot of improvement.

I'm not too worried about A.I. art replacing human-created artwork overall but the algorithms used will need to ensure that artwork isn't outright copied directly.

ChatGPT reflects the bias of its programmers and source material. This will always be the case no matter what A.I. (or even traditional software) it may be. People will need to use common sense when using these tools.

I look forward to seeing how this tech evolves.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 16300 1 year ago on Mon, Feb 6 2023 at 11:24 pm

I agree that AI-generated art is still in its early stages and has room for improvement, and that it's important to consider the potential biases and limitations when using AI tools. I'm excited to see how this technology will continue to evolve and develop in the future.

# 16302 1 year ago on Mon, Feb 6 2023 at 11:46 pm

The advancements in A.I. make me wonder about how long some elements of it have been around. I'm tempted to delve back into the "Dead Internet Theory".

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 16305 1 year ago on Tue, Feb 7 2023 at 6:46 pm

On Tuesday, February 7th, 2023 at 4:46 am, Nitrocosm said:

The advancements in A.I. make me wonder about how long some elements of it have been around. I'm tempted to delve back into the "Dead Internet Theory".

The "dead internet theory" states that at some point in the future, the internet will reach a point where it will no longer be able to progress and grow, leading to its eventual decline. There's also another popular version that suggests this has already happened and that most of the internet is made of artificial content and interactions.

This theory is not supported by available evidence and technological advancements. The internet has continued to evolve and expand, with no signs of slowing down.

However, the rise of Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) could make the "dead internet theory" at least plausible in the future. As A.I. systems become more advanced, they could potentially replace human involvement in many areas of the internet, leading to a more centralized and controlled network. This could result in a lack of innovation and progress, leading to a stagnant internet.

It's important to note that this is just speculation and there are many factors that could prevent this outcome from occurring. The development and use of A.I. is a complex issue that involves multiple stakeholders and requires careful consideration. Nevertheless, it's important to consider the potential impacts of emerging technologies on the future of the internet.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:6

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago