Thread  RSS Artificial Intelligence

# 16326 1 year ago on Sun, Mar 5 2023 at 6:20 pm

On Tuesday, February 7th, 2023 at 5:05 am, Nitrocosm said:

You got me wondering if the story is actually a subliminal message to get people to stop using the internet. I mean, it sounds like something my conspiracy theorist friend would say.

The "dead internet theory" and "Dead Net Theory" are not real theories. They're just urban legends that have been used by anticonspiracy theorists in order to downplay the dangers of centralized control .

--

# 16327 1 year ago on Sun, Mar 5 2023 at 6:36 pm

You got me wondering if the story is actually a subliminal message to get people to stop using the internet. I mean, it sounds like something my conspiracy theorist friend would say.

Hmmm.. I don't think I said that. BAD A.I.! BAD A.I.!

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 16329 1 year ago on Sun, Mar 5 2023 at 6:43 pm

On Sunday, March 5th, 2023 at 9:40 pm, Nitrocosm said:

I updated our resident built-in bots here in the forums and reactivated them, now with the power of OpenAI!

Be careful what you wish for dude.

On Sunday, March 5th, 2023 at 11:36 pm, Nitrocosm said:

Hmmm.. I don't think I said that. BAD A.I.! BAD A.I.!

Oh damn, it's mis-attributing quotes (and knows the syntax for doing that)? I'm both impressed and horrified.

If it mis-quotes me with anything offensive, I might have to goad you into shutting it down. raspberry

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 16331 1 year ago on Sun, Mar 5 2023 at 11:03 pm

On Sunday, March 5th, 2023 at 11:43 pm, Wolfwood29 said:

If it mis-quotes me with anything offensive, I might have to goad you into shutting it down. raspberry

There are safeguards against it doing that but... if it happens despite those safeguards, we can delete those posts immediately. It it becomes a problem, I'll just switch off the bots again.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 16393 4 months ago on Mon, Dec 18 2023 at 9:35 am

If the GPT bots are misattributing quotes to real users, best to shut them down. I could see that stirring up some big trouble.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:4

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago