Thread  RSS Artificial Intelligence

# 16400 4 months ago on Thu, Jan 4 2024 at 2:40 am

My views on A.I. have radically changed for the worse.

Here's why:

This is not unfounded conspiracy speculation. The WEF is pushing new technology for companies to monitor the brainwave activity of their employees and store the data for legal purposes, which can be used against individuals should they ever be suspected of a crime.

My opinion on this:

This is the first technology I've ever wanted outright banned from the outset. Our minds are our very last bastion of personal privacy. To cross this line is to eliminate our autonomy completely. I'm 100% dead set against this, even if it's voluntary (which would lead to being mandatory in some instances).

Artificial Intelligence, also known as Machine Learning, seemed very promising but now I see that it's going to be taken in a very negative direction by those who crave total control over others. The WEF has put out other ideas that I don't like but this one really takes the cake.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 16401 4 months ago on Tue, Jan 9 2024 at 8:30 pm

This brainwave analysis technology and far worse are coming soon.

If I may indulge in some speculation / predictions:

1. Quantum computing breakthroughs, combined with A.I. will greatly accelerate the development and accuracy of brainwave analysis technology. Popular culture will glamorize and promote this to young adults in an attempt to gain public acceptance. There will be a point at which this tech, while now seemingly outrageous, is eventually accepted as normal. Those who refuse it will be ostracized in the same way the anti-science crowd is today - as dangerous radicals spreading harmful ideas.

2. A.I. will replace a lot of desk jobs - maybe up to around 80%. There will be more acceptance of A.I. generated content as it becomes far more commonplace. Artists and musicians will no longer be needed for corporate materials.

3. The W.E.F. increases its influence over corporations and governments, using noble causes as the cover for significant gains in its governance.

4. In an effort to cut costs in nearly every industry, A.I. systems will be developed with human replacement in mind. Of course this will be disliked by the working class which will be powerless to stop it. Boycotts and calls for government action will have no effect due to the ubiquity of the trend. No meaningful market competition stands a chance. Politicians are fully bought out.

5. Encryption won't work for the end user. Quantum computing will defeat classical computing encryption. Privacy through encryption, without expensive quantum computing hardware, will be rendered ineffective.

The real example of quote misattribution in this thread is a good example of the threat. Imagine that multiplied by millions of instances, often without the purportedly quoted individual even being aware.

spoiler (click to show):

Something else is coming that I haven't quite figured out how to explain. It's "nothing" or it represents the idea. The closest description I can get conjured is a massive shutdown of large portions of the Internet in response to the rapid changes brought on by A.I. It could be due to rapid obsolescence or security issues.

# 16402 4 months ago on Thu, Jan 11 2024 at 1:57 pm

Regarding encryption, I think we'll find a new way to handle that. If quantum computing has to be used, it may be possible to offload the work to a server somehow and temporarily use classical encryption. I'm not completely sure how it would work, though.

A lot of gloom and doom, certainly, but it's justified. AI generated content will probably be easier to identify as people get better at recognizing its telltale characteristics, even if it improves dramatically in quality. I definitely think commercial artists are eventually going to be replaced at the rate the tech is improving. Writers are already on the chopping block.

I don't know; maybe this is the beginning of a transition back to a more offline life for the average person...? "Computers take over the Internet" sounds like a funny headline...

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:27

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago