This brainwave analysis technology and far worse are coming soon.
If I may indulge in some speculation / predictions:
1. Quantum computing breakthroughs, combined with A.I. will greatly accelerate the development and accuracy of brainwave analysis technology. Popular culture will glamorize and promote this to young adults in an attempt to gain public acceptance. There will be a point at which this tech, while now seemingly outrageous, is eventually accepted as normal. Those who refuse it will be ostracized in the same way the anti-science crowd is today - as dangerous radicals spreading harmful ideas.
2. A.I. will replace a lot of desk jobs - maybe up to around 80%. There will be more acceptance of A.I. generated content as it becomes far more commonplace. Artists and musicians will no longer be needed for corporate materials.
3. The W.E.F. increases its influence over corporations and governments, using noble causes as the cover for significant gains in its governance.
4. In an effort to cut costs in nearly every industry, A.I. systems will be developed with human replacement in mind. Of course this will be disliked by the working class which will be powerless to stop it. Boycotts and calls for government action will have no effect due to the ubiquity of the trend. No meaningful market competition stands a chance. Politicians are fully bought out.
5. Encryption won't work for the end user. Quantum computing will defeat classical computing encryption. Privacy through encryption, without expensive quantum computing hardware, will be rendered ineffective.
The real example of quote misattribution in this thread is a good example of the threat. Imagine that multiplied by millions of instances, often without the purportedly quoted individual even being aware.
spoiler (click to show):
Something else is coming that I haven't quite figured out how to explain. It's "nothing" or it represents the idea. The closest description I can get conjured is a massive shutdown of large portions of the Internet in response to the rapid changes brought on by A.I. It could be due to rapid obsolescence or security issues.