Thread  RSS Forum Status

# 15737 5 years ago on Mon, Dec 31 2018 at 8:51 pm

Hello all,

As the forums activity has slowed down substantially over the past years, we've had relatively few new user registrations. Some registrations have been spam bots, however, so as long as we don't have any legitimate new user registrations, I'm going to close the registration feature for a while so that I don't have to keep clearing out spammer accounts.

If anyone would like to register, contact me here:

user link on www.nitrocosm.com

The CAPTCHA on the registration page was meant to prevent this issue but I think there are places around the world where people are paid to register to random Internet forums in order to post spam and circumvent measures that would keep out automated systems. I'm not sure that's what's been happening here as AI and OCR have improved dramatically in recent years.

Again, if anyone comes along who would like to register (and isn't a spammer), just e-mail me at the link given above.

The forums are still usable for all currently registered members and shall remain that way.

EDIT: Oh, also:

Happy New Year! yay

(This post was edited 5 years ago on Monday, December 31st, 2018 at 8:53 pm)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15738 5 years ago on Fri, Jan 18 2019 at 6:04 pm

Hey, happy new year to all you guys too.

Things with me have been busy and kind of interesting but it's been forever since coming around here so, well, hey, everybody.

# 15739 5 years ago on Sat, Jan 26 2019 at 2:00 pm

Welcome back, Kyler! I've been busy too (haven't we all?) so no worries for being scarce around here. At this point in time, the forums are around more or less for nostalgic purposes.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15740 5 years ago on Tue, Jan 29 2019 at 4:27 pm

A very late Happy New Year to you guys as well. smiley

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 15741 5 years ago on Fri, Feb 8 2019 at 8:49 pm

On Tuesday, January 29th, 2019 at 9:27 pm, Wolfwood29 said:

A very late Happy New Year to you guys as well. smiley

Same to you guys, too. I still lurk around these parts, just so you know. Trying to poke my head in the Discord server if it's still going to be around a while.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:9

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 week ago
Lexica2 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago
Doitsujin4 months ago