Thread  RSS Robocalls

# 15852 5 years ago on Wed, Jul 17 2019 at 1:18 pm

On Tuesday, July 16th, 2019 at 2:46 am, Braguels said:

Yo, try this: user link on www.robokiller.com It will give them hell.

That's a good way to p*** off any non-robocall telemarketers. It might make them do something called "carding" where they sign up your number for more calls and junk mail (often your phone number came with your address, etc.) - just getting them frustrated with you might not be the best idea. It's easier just to speak with them.

# 15853 5 years ago on Wed, Jul 17 2019 at 11:39 pm

On Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 at 6:18 pm, Elly said:

On Tuesday, July 16th, 2019 at 2:46 am, Braguels said:

Yo, try this: user link on www.robokiller.com It will give them hell.

That's a good way to p*** off any non-robocall telemarketers. It might make them do something called "carding" where they sign up your number for more calls and junk mail (often your phone number came with your address, etc.) - just getting them frustrated with you might not be the best idea. It's easier just to speak with them.

I dunno. Anyone calling random people like this is questionable. I wouldn't even take the time to analyze their call. Likewise, I doubt they'd take the time to sign me up for extra calls and would just move on. Sure, some are telemarketers and such, but some just seem stupid and like pranks. I'd give 'em hell, but that's me.

Have a happy New Year!

# 15855 5 years ago on Thu, Jul 18 2019 at 6:35 pm

Elly, are you a telemarketer? raspberry

It's easier just to speak with them.

WHAT? Easier to just speak with them? And waste my time? laughing

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 15856 5 years ago on Thu, Jul 18 2019 at 7:02 pm

I so see what Elly's saying, but answering these people has done me more harm than good. I had one guy a few months ago tell me he had made a very important discovery regarding gold. We all know that wouldn't be true, but I'm sure some would be persuaded to give him $50 to ship us millions of dollars worth of gold. Somehow. These people rely on the few who are gullible enough to make a nice sum of money. It's a shame.

I usually don't answer unknown numbers. I don't block nor talk to them. Either way you cut it, might not be the best idea.

Have a happy New Year!

# 15858 5 years ago on Thu, Jul 18 2019 at 7:16 pm

On the rare occasion that I accidentally pick up on a telemarketer call (if I'm waiting for a legit call from a client or someone else), these are the times that I use the filthiest of language. This is because it is hard to control my anger with telemarketers - especially the scammers. Do I need anger management? Probably. I'm just out of patience with these people.

We all know that this is a serious problem. So, yeah, what we're saying here is... do not bother answering robocalls. They're questionable. You know, gold investment scams - might not be the best idea.

Of course I'm not trying to create an echo chamber but there might be a bit of reverb, Elly.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:15

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago