Locked Thread  RSS Gamergate

# 7350 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 12:13 pm

Here's where I stick the tip of my toe in the waters and see if I get banned or not. Is GG an acceptable topic here? I have lots to say on the matter but it's a sensitive topic in a lot of parts of the web (and I'll give full disclosure: I've been banned from other forums for talking about it).

Mods, give me an ok or not on it and yes I'll be civil.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 7351 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 12:26 pm

I have no idea what Gamergate is but from a quick search it looks like a controversial political topic. That being the case, I'm only on my lunch break right now so I can't moderate full-time.

So, maybe we'll have to see what Nitro thinks whenever he gets online.

Personally, I don't follow that kind of stuff.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 7354 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 3:34 pm

Eh, it's fine. I don't know a whole lot about "Gamer Gate" other than it was a big deal for a while. You can soapbox and debate about stuff like that if you like; all I ask is that things are kept civil and don't devolve into a flame war.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 7358 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 5:20 pm

Now THAT's a can of worms. I don't think I'll touch this one with a ten foot pole.

Interesting.

# 7366 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 6:02 pm

Seriously?! We're seriously doing this? undecided

You know what? I'll bite.

As a feminist, I think that gamer gate has brought a lot of the more chauvinistic, hateful trolls out of the woodwork. I don't see all gamers as trolls but there is a LOT of sexism in the world today.

Now, having said that, there's a lot of anti-gamergate feminists that don't speak for me. I get the whole "don't trust gaming publications to promote games when the game makers sleep with the reporters" thing but I've heard enough about how gamer gate is "about ethics". No, it brought other things to light regardless of how it started.

The people accusing Zoe Quinn of sleeping with that Kotaku reporter are the same people that would whine about "false rape accusations". You can't have it both ways.

/rant annoyed

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:22

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago