Thread  RSS RP Planning / Discussion Thread

# 11233 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 15 2016 at 12:58 am

I'm pretty sure Battle Angle/GUNM has similar themes, as far as the earth being sort of a "ghetto" with an advanced civilization or two living in space, and so-on. Elysium's neither the first nor the last to do it.

I'm not sure if combining everything would work particularly well, though. Different overall scopes and things. Though if I did, I'd probably start stealing a bit from Eclipse Phase and getting more transhuman stuff, plus space colonies, and so-on. Though nothing too far-fetched or really more than just the solar system there, as it tries to be "hard" scifi except where it isn't (godlike AIs that eventually up and left...or something, FTL quantum communication, a few other bits here and there).

I'm mostly tossing ideas out there to generate interest or get a ball rolling, so nothing's that set in stone, yet.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Friday, January 15th, 2016 at 12:59 am)

# 11252 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 15 2016 at 4:09 am

I will trust your judgement but let's see what the others think.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11456 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 15 2016 at 7:52 pm

I've done some thinking since, and it's definitely workable. Though outside of some shift in tone, the overall scheme of things may not change too much. It's still doing odd jobs of various possibly unsavory sorts. But now you've got a spaceship. Unless, of course, everyone has other plans...

# 11462 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 15 2016 at 8:44 pm

The cyberpunk dystopia alone sounds like something fun but Nitro's idea isn't bad either. Vega, if you're the designated manager of the RP, I'll just leave the decision up to you yay

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 11465 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 15 2016 at 10:17 pm

I'm not necessarily. I'll take it upon myself to play a GM sort of role if we feel like it'd be a good thing to have someone providing NPCs and some amount of structure or plot moving forward. But I don't necessarily need to have more control than anyone else, either.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:19

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood295 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin6 months ago