Thread  RSS RP Planning / Discussion Thread

# 11473 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 15 2016 at 11:57 pm

Well... some nice brainstorming in here, good ideas all around but if I had my pick, I'd go with the space adventure option.

Don't mind the cyberpunk / cyborg stuff, if that's the direction this goes. But I'd probably have some more inspiration doing the space adventure plus I think we haven't done that style here in the past.

As for a DM, having a somewhat controlled NPC pool might be helpful in reducing the other participants' need to invent them on the fly.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 11480 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 16 2016 at 12:47 am

I'm not sure I have much for space adventure beyond flying a ship around and odd jobs, or a military-focused romp involving a lot of fighting space monsters yanked from shmups in mecha or space fighters, at least off the top of my head.

I did play in an interesting but short-lived thing elsewhere that I couldn't help but think of Kantai Collection....IN SPAAAAAAACE! The characters were all AI-controlled ships with human avatars composed out of nanomaterials and so-on, to better interact with actual humans. Whom they were supposed to be oppressing, until...something happened to them. It was an interesting way to do space stuff, certainly.

In the interest of actually getting things started soonish, I'd appreciate it if everyone interested would post a short list of things they'd want to see or specifically NOT want to see. I'll try to take such things into consideration and build a thread around them, although in the end, it will also be a bit of just whatever I feel like running.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Sunday, January 17th, 2016 at 12:10 am)

# 11560 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 17 2016 at 12:52 am

I'd be in favor of the following things in the RP:

1. Being on the run from an invading military force
  2. Having cybernetic enhancements / "ether" capabilities
  3. Escaping into space from a run-down, crumbling civilzation
  4. Being thrust into a very unfamiliar, advanced civilzation after escaping

Just some theme suggestions.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 11563 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 17 2016 at 7:48 am

How about this:

1) Some unseen horror causing people to experience madness or some other weird effects

2) Space station setting but the players somehow obtain transportation to a planet or asteroid where the unseen horror seems to originate

3) Cyborgs and artificial humans with special abilities

4) Some element of culture shock (may play well with Wolfwood's idea of escaping a dying planet and adjusting to some advanced civilization in space)

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 11582 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 17 2016 at 10:02 pm

I should add that while I'm interested in joining in, this week is going to be a bit busy so I might not be able to jump in (at least with long-form posts) until the weekend.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:24

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago