Locked Thread  RSS Music thread!

# 12692 8 years ago on Wed, Feb 17 2016 at 8:16 pm

Nightcore is specifically "sped up by like 2.5 times" or something from my understanding. It became popular from Stepmania or something, I...think? It tends to annoy me because it generally doesn't sound very good, and everything's pitched a little too far up to my liking.

As far as plagiarism goes, it IS used at times to get around takedown notices. Can't find the normal version of a song? The nightcore version's probably around (too bad it's probably not even what you want to hear).

# 12716 8 years ago on Thu, Feb 18 2016 at 9:35 am

On Thursday, February 18th, 2016 at 1:16 am, vega7285 said:

Nightcore is specifically "sped up by like 2.5 times"

... and nothing else and it sounds like ASS

But how true, why not just listen to the original song? I did kind of half post it as a joke anyway wink

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Thursday, February 18th, 2016 at 9:36 am)

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 12722 8 years ago on Thu, Feb 18 2016 at 12:49 pm

To tell you the truth, that nightcore mix makes my ears feel like they could bleed. I've never been a fan of Fall Out Boy, either. Maybe I'm getting to be a curmudgeon but it just sounds like angsty teeny emo whining to me.

# 12760 8 years ago on Sun, Feb 21 2016 at 4:46 pm

On Thursday, February 18th, 2016 at 5:49 pm, Kyler said:

To tell you the truth, that nightcore mix makes my ears feel like they could bleed. I've never been a fan of Fall Out Boy, either. Maybe I'm getting to be a curmudgeon but it just sounds like angsty teeny emo whining to me.

Emo? Oh that's nothing compared to what's actually considered as such these days. But I'm not as worried about the musical styles of groups as much as rabid fans worry me.

Ever heard of Blood on the Dance floor? I don't know how it happened but some of their fans can be really scary.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 12762 8 years ago on Sun, Feb 21 2016 at 7:52 pm

Here's an amusing mix I found a while ago, as far as speeding stuff up a bit goes. Which is that they took the Getter Robo Armageddon opening and made it sound a lot more like T.M. Revolution than JAM Project.

The original for comparison. JAM Project in general is REALLY good for giant robot themes and "hot-blooded" sort of music.

And now for something completely different.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:34

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago