Thread  RSS Mr. Vega's Art Thread

# 11650 8 years ago on Mon, Jan 18 2016 at 9:30 pm

The scythe freakin rules.

I could do a detailed critique on the character for the Exalted game but only if you specifically request it. It would take a bit of studying to figure out what, if anything, might be wrong with the pose.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11652 8 years ago on Mon, Jan 18 2016 at 10:17 pm

There's probably something off about her general pose or proportions, which might have something to do with it not being a full figure drawing, head to toe. Might as well track down what might be funny about it, though.

For my own comment on it, I don't usually draw b**** that big. ...Useful, I know.

# 11752 8 years ago on Wed, Jan 20 2016 at 10:07 pm

The overall proportions seem about right. There are only two things that stand out to me.

1. Her left hand, under her right elbow, appears to be tilted down around 90 degrees, which would be a bit extreme for the pose. It's a very minor nitpick, though.
  2. The major thing that stands out: The way her legs connect to the pelvis seems out of joint. It may be the way the long coat obscures part of the outline of the legs and torso, however.

Personally, I think it looks fine other than that.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11757 8 years ago on Wed, Jan 20 2016 at 10:36 pm

I won't argue the points too much. There's probably something off about the legs, in the outfit or otherwise. It doesn't help that I didn't draw all of them, so yeah, it might just not quite work.

Hand poses, I'm just often bad at, so...yeah, probably didn't get them just right either. There's definitely something a little awkward about that arm and hand, now that I look at it again. In hindsight, I should probably have had her hand cupping her other elbow.

# 11761 8 years ago on Thu, Jan 21 2016 at 3:30 am

The hands look really above-average in quality from what I can see! Did you use reference photos for doing the hands?

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:23

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago