Thread  RSS Touhou Games

# 9039 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 10 2016 at 7:20 pm

The Touhou Project became a media franchise spanning a steadily being number of official games, in addition to commercial fan books, music, light novels, and manga.

The Touhou Project was inactive for the next three and half years until the first Microsoft Windows Touhou game, The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, was released in August 2002 solely by ZUN after he split from Amusement Makers and started Team Shanghai Alice.

The Touhou Project became a media franchise spanning a steadily being number of official games, in addition to commercial fan books, music, light novels, and manga.. The next four Touhou games released between August 1997 and December 1998 also were released on the NEC PC-9801.

It's no longer a question of staying healthy. It's a question of finding a sickness you like.

-- Jackie Mason

# 9040 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 10 2016 at 7:21 pm

Heheheh

Will they be good? Half is fairly good. They usually was.

Oh, people are still talking about that?

SotuyKelNeruj, want to talk on aol instant messenger later?

"If it weren't for my lawyer I'd still be in prison. It went a lot faster with two people digging."

-- Joe Martin

# 10215 8 years ago on Tue, Jan 12 2016 at 9:16 pm

Never liked bullet-hell games. These kinds of games require 100% concentration. You can't relax! Uggghhhh!!!!!

...ok, I'm relaxed. (deep breaths, Sir Auron.... bullet-hell flashbacks just melting away... deeeeeep breaths...)

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 10219 8 years ago on Tue, Jan 12 2016 at 10:52 pm

On Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 at 2:16 am, SirAuron said:

can't relax! Uggghhhh!!!!! ...ok, I'm relaxed. (deep breaths, Sir Auron.... bullet-hell flashbacks just melting away... deeeeeep breaths...)

You ok, man? All this random s*** getting to you?

Interesting.

# 10277 8 years ago on Wed, Jan 13 2016 at 1:30 am

I haven't played any of the games in the series in quite a while, but they're still fun. I'm a big fan of STGs in general, even if I'm terrible at them. I'm slowly amassing a collection on PC.

Some decent bullet hells have turned up on Steam over the years. The Exceed series is nice enough, if I recall. Ikaruga got a PC port. So did Mushihimesama. Suguri is another neat little indy STG that has some fun mechanics. The new Darius game is also on Steam, but I'm waiting for a good sale before picking it up. I would recommend it for any fans of scrolling STGs, particularly if you have multiple monitors, as Taito specifically set it up to work on both at once, which isn't unusual of the Darius series in arcades.

R-Type is probably still my overall favorite series, though. Interesting story in that one, and far more story than most games in the genre tend to get.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:20

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago