Thread  RSS Where did everybody go? Seriously...?

# 11680 13 years ago on Sat, Feb 19 2011 at 9:21 pm

If I got online and started seeing every site as hacked like that, the first thing I'd do is a full virus scan on my computer... except I use a Mac and those rarely get viruses.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 11681 13 years ago on Tue, Feb 22 2011 at 5:25 am

I use a Mac too, Wolfwood wink And yes, viruses aren't really a problem on Macs these days but a long time ago there were quite a few viruses that could infect the old boxy looking Macs.

It was really annoying, too, because it was terribly hard to remove those viruses.

C:>print_out_million_dollar_bill.exe

'print_out_million_dollar_bill.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external revenue service, operable profit, or bank file.

# 11682 13 years ago on Thu, Feb 24 2011 at 1:29 pm

That dream reminds me of Fallout.

# 11683 13 years ago on Sat, Feb 26 2011 at 9:33 pm

Having a dream like that would make me super paranoid. This is why I keep so many backups of the site, although I've actually had dreams where all of those backups were suddenly gone. Very disturbing yet quite unrealistic scenario. I do worry about hackers, sometimes, which is why such extensive measures are taken to monitor traffic on the server and prevent anything suspicious (or at least catch it and, in some cases, allow it so we can gather evidence!)

Just remember: Dreams are just dreams. If you dwell on them too much, they can affect your mind in waking life. Self-fulfilling prophecies, or something.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11684 13 years ago on Tue, Mar 1 2011 at 5:37 am

I'd scan the hell out of my PC if I saw anything like that pop up unexpectedly.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:26

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago