Thread  RSS NASA eyes powerful winter storm spreading into mid-Atlantic

# 11814 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 23 2016 at 12:03 pm

How about this?!

The winter storm that caused damage during the night along the Gulf Coast has deepened and has started to spread heavy rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow northward into the Mid-Atlantic region. NASA's GPM and NOAA's GOES satellites are providing data on rainfall, cloud heights, extent and movement of the storm.

Article: user link on phys.org

Oh my. catty

The art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change amid order.

-- Alfred North Whi

# 11821 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 24 2016 at 1:35 am

Snowmageddon II: Electric Boogaloo

It snows during winter? Better buy 50 shopping carts of toilet paper and 3 truckloads of bottled water!

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 11823 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 24 2016 at 1:43 am

Uhhhh... I wouldn't take it so lightly. 18 people died as a result of the blizzards so far.

It's bad. It does make me feel fortunate to live in a place where we don't get that kind of weather. Don't poke fun at disaster preparedness. If something bad does happen where you live, it might be the preppers who save your ass.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 11826 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 24 2016 at 2:14 am

Wolfwood CHILL. I was just making fun of the people who panic every time it snows and clear the shelves at the supermarket in a frenzy.

My family has a basement full of emergency supplies. My dad keeps two months worth of canned goods stocked in the pantry. They ARE preppers!

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 11829 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 24 2016 at 5:20 am

Please be civil, you two.

Weather disasters shouldn't be taken too lightly - we get some nasty hurricanes down here and when people are caught unprepared, people can die. It's no joke.

Helena, I'm glad to hear that your family does some disaster preparedness. Storeable food should be part of everyone's contingency plan. Waiting in a bread line is not where you want to be.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:29

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago