Thread  RSS Rock-a-fire Explosion

# 11815 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 23 2016 at 12:32 pm

I dunno guys... this has to go *somewhere*...

When I was a kid, these used to be in full operation and were well-maintained at Showbiz Pizza. That place was a hoot. The pizza was good, there were tons of video games as well as other games, and the soulless, godless, affronts-to-nature-and-all-that-was-sacred abominations animatronics were... amusing.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11820 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 24 2016 at 1:32 am

You '80's kids and your creepy circus sideshow things!

Seeing that as a little kid would have resulted in severe psychological trauma.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 11839 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 24 2016 at 10:39 am

I really hope hey didn't actually play that kind of song back in the day, at least.

# 11841 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 24 2016 at 10:41 am

No but the guy that bought these programmed them to play such songs. I watched a documentary yesterday about it and, quite frankly, that guy gives me the creeps, big time. The animatronics have absolutely nothing on him.

The guy who invented these seems like a normal, very intelligent guy and he's very successful. The fans in the documentary, however... look, I know it's not nice to judge people but they just make me feel uncomfortable.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Sunday, January 24th, 2016 at 10:42 am)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11843 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 24 2016 at 11:05 am

That's kind of mean. I wouldn't want him alone with my kids but he likely has some kind of condition and that's not funny.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Sunday, January 24th, 2016 at 11:05 am)

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:25

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago