Thread  RSS New Features

# 11873 8 years ago on Tue, Jan 26 2016 at 9:52 am

In chat, when people say something, you'll hear a notification sound every time. If the sound gets annoying or it's too loud, let me know and I'll do something about that.

Another feature that I'm sure is really useful (sarcasm) is the QR code at the top of the page will play a string of DTMF tones if the current URL contains numbers (like category / topic / post ID's, etc). Practical, I know. Just wanted to do that for... ah, who knows why.

Oh, something else: There's a timeout if you stay logged in for a long time past which the chat box will stop refreshing and pop up an alert that it's done so. Refreshing the page will reset the timeout. I had it set to 5 minutes at first but it's been extended to an hour.

This is just to prevent excessive AJAX calls if you happen to leave your browser open and stay logged in all day or overnight.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Tuesday, January 26th, 2016 at 10:28 am)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11877 8 years ago on Tue, Jan 26 2016 at 11:22 am

The chat notification sound is useful. That's nice to be able to hear if anyone's in chat if I'm using another tab at the time.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 11879 8 years ago on Tue, Jan 26 2016 at 4:29 pm

I had developed a better function for replacing things like emoticon symbols and some formatting in content but this more robust function was slowing down page render times by an unacceptable amount.

As it stands, sometimes highlighting in search results and emoticon codes appearing in URLs, etc. may break stuff. It shouldn't happen very often and I'll try to find better workarounds than functions that require too much CPU.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11882 8 years ago on Tue, Jan 26 2016 at 5:54 pm

It would be nice to hear the chat notifier sound but I haven't caught anyone online in a while.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 11946 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 30 2016 at 5:41 pm

That's convenient. There's been a few times where I missed chat not because I wasn't on but because I was doing something in another tab.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:25

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago