Thread  RSS Evangelion 3.33 - You can (not) redo.

# 11901 8 years ago on Wed, Jan 27 2016 at 2:53 pm

Get back in the robot, Shinji.

I wonder if this will actually be good.

The original series was passable until the ending movies. It's probably way too late to worry about spoilers but let's just say it was disappointing.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Saturday, January 30th, 2016 at 12:20 pm)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11912 8 years ago on Thu, Jan 28 2016 at 8:52 am

The newer Evangelion films aren't that bad. They're attempts to improve on the original story. Although I'd say there a lot to them that makes no more sense than what's in the originals (including the first two "ending" films). Anno's writing is disorganized and foggy but it's apparent he's had some help in the more recent films.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 11927 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 29 2016 at 6:54 pm

It's not bad. Don't expect too much going in but it's just a continuation of the story (I won't spoil things but suffice to say there's a reason why the world didn't actually end). Give it a shot, like I said, it's not the best writing in the world but it's a hell of a lot better than the first two "ending" movies.

By the way, if you haven't heard the commentary tracks on those films, they're worth it on their own merit.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 11933 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 29 2016 at 10:23 pm

I'd assume this film isn't going to make much sense unless you've seen the prior two films. It's probably the same old "Shinji's a sniveling coward and everyone s***s on him and he deserves it" type of thing, so I'll probably skip it.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:25

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago