Thread  RSS Heavy Object

# 12756 8 years ago on Sun, Feb 21 2016 at 1:32 pm

Started watching this one last month (and kind of became sidetracked with other things) but the first two episodes are quite promising.

user link on www.hulu.com

I'm a big fan of the art style in this series.

So, in this show, war has changed, you guys. It's changed, though. Like Metal Gear except not so much Metal Gear but giant bowling balls with guns attached to them. It's like EXTREME bowling but I'm not drawing that. Oh no... I might have to draw that.

There's a couple of goof ball guys in the military who are friends with this elite pilot of their country's heavy object. They're hanging out in Alaska, trying not to run into Sarah Palin (okay, I made the Sarah Palin part up but that would have been funny) and basically being a couple of Beetle Baileys slacking off (if you don't know what Beetle Bailey is, it's from old newspaper comics - back before we had Internet) when they get attacked.

I'll leave out the spoilers and just say give the first couple of episodes a try. When I watch more of it I'll comment further.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 12761 8 years ago on Sun, Feb 21 2016 at 7:43 pm

I've kept up with the series so far, and it's usually pretty fun. It's got some dumb moments, but also some fun ones. The later missions tend to get more interesting in terms of weird Object tricks and other such things.

# 12772 8 years ago on Mon, Feb 22 2016 at 10:47 am

I'm keeping up on this too. It starts off seeming like it's totally serious but soon into the first episode it's not as serious as, say, Gundam.

The Heavy Objects are soon shown to not be these impenetrable, slow-moving balls of death that they seem in that first scene (lots of vulnerabilities) and I like how the main theme is the discovery of their weaknesses.

You cannot comprehend me.

# 12822 8 years ago on Wed, Feb 24 2016 at 3:56 pm

I don't usually watch a lot of robot anime but this one is good, even though it's not technically robot anime but bowling ball anime, which should be its own genre.

And, woof, lots of fan service in some of the episodes.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:23

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago