Thread  RSS Long Delayed Echoes

# 12845 8 years ago on Thu, Feb 25 2016 at 6:59 pm

As an additional note, this is a later version of the radio I was using: user link on radioaficion.com I traded / sold that radio so I don't know the exact model number of the one I had but this one is essentially the same.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 12851 8 years ago on Fri, Feb 26 2016 at 3:57 pm

In Wolfwood's post, I'd chalk the echoes up to the ionosphere. In Nitrocosm's post, I'd say the most likely culprit was the radio itself. The other explanations just don't pass the sniff test.

# 12854 8 years ago on Fri, Feb 26 2016 at 11:13 pm

My uncle listened to the recording and just laughed and said "no, they're pulling your leg".

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 12856 8 years ago on Sat, Feb 27 2016 at 12:12 am

On Saturday, February 27th, 2016 at 4:13 am, Helena said:

My uncle listened to the recording and just laughed and said "no, they're pulling your leg".

Helena, I have heard radio echoes first hand hanging out with ham operators. This actually happens and it's well documented. I don't think the recording is B.S., to be perfectly clear I just think that the theories that the signals are somehow being reflected off a mystery object in space are dubious.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 12858 8 years ago on Sat, Feb 27 2016 at 3:21 am

Unlock many times and you'll be vertical. Houses is fairly good. Where did they find tests? What, exactly, is numbers?

Can be that! you prefer time.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

-- Winston Churchil

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:25

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago